Today I thought I would share a few fun facts you don't know about me. Seven fun facts about Devon! I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. But I really did, because my name means poet. Okay, I'll stop. Let's get to know each other a little better, shall we?
1. One of my first words was shoe. (haha) True story! After we found out that my Sister-In-Law, Morgan, is having a baby boy, my mom pulled out the boxes of photos, baby books, wedding books, etc. and we took a little trip down memory lane. We looked through mine and laughed reading about my childhood antics. One of the funny things I found out (why I never knew this, I don't know -- come on Mom!) was my first word. Who would've thought, right? Me? Shoes? No...
2. I first tried to dress myself at 14 months. Yep. Another funny fact we stumbled upon in the baby book.
3. I love dogs, too! People tend to think that I'm a crazy cat lady because of Stella and the fact that I just love all cats like they were my own nugget -- so maybe I'm the Crazy Animal Lady. What you probably do not know is that I do not discriminate! I love all animals: dogs AND cats included. I actually have puppy fever right now! Chandler and I plan on getting a dog soon (our first kid together) and I could not be happier. :)
5. If I could have any other career in the world it would definitely be a Psycholgist. I'm so intrigued by human behavior and the human mind. Why do we do the things we do? Why do we put ourselves down and leave each other out? Why do we make bad choices? Who is the person behind the mask? I could go on for hours. And I research it frequently.
6. I grew up dancing and loved competing with my team. I now take Zumba to curb my dancing cravings. Isn't Zumba the best? I went last night with a load of stress and left with a smile and pep in my step (minus all the sweat). If you haven't tried Zumba and are somewhat coordinated + not afraid to shake what yo Momma gave ya, give it a try! Most gyms carry the fitness class and I know there are so many online options!
7. You guys know I'm addicted to Diet Coke. Guess what? I'm trying to quit! Lord be with me now. Here come the massive caffeine headaches! I had a few today from cutting my intake in half. Anyone dealing with this?
I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know your thoughts/questions in the comments below. Have a great Tuesday! MWAH!
Photos 1 and 3 by Erica Sledge Photography