I love a good lemon flavored cocktail, especially with spring in full swing and summer swiftly approaching. So we set out to find some sort of lemon, bubbily-ish combination perfect for a hot day/night. With that said, today I bring you the Lemon Drop Cocktail. This lovely blend is not too sweet, not too tart -- it's just right. I think you'll enjoy this one and be sure to tag #DrinksWithDevon when you mix up the next cocktail! Cheers!
· 1 ½ ounces lemon vodka
· 2 ounces FRESH lemon juice (it takes longer, but tastes SO much better)
· Dash of sugar (or sweetener of choice)
· 2 ounces sparkling water
· 1 lemon wedge
· Sugar for rim
1. To rim the glass, first rub a lemon wedge around the rim and dip in a small bowl of sugar.
2. Combine the lemon vodka, lemon juice, sweetener, and a handful of ice into a shaker. Shake for 15 seconds. Strain into glass of choice. (If you watch Bar Rescue like I do, you know this is when you smile while shaking!)
3. Add a small handful of crushed ice and slowly top with sparkling water.
4. Garnish with lemon zest and wedge if desired -- and you should because it's delicious.
5. Serve and enjoy!