So I'll get right to the point. A few months back we made the move back to Los Angeles full time and although I haven't really talked about it on here, I couldn't be happier to have my other half in my new home. It hasn't really felt like home (not that it TRULY is - Texas will always be that) without him, so I can't wait to change that.
With that said, we have been crammed in my one bedroom (the same place I've lived for the past few years) and it has definitely been a challenge! Knowing our lease would be up this summer and that we planned to travel, we decided to wait it out or should I say tough it out. Finally the time has come to search for our new place and I wanted to share a bit of our wish list/wants with you.
(Obviously these are my top wants and we both know this entire list will not be crossed out. But a girl can dream, can't she?)
1. Outdoor space. Whether in the form of backyard or balcony (preferably both) we would really love to have somewhere to entertain and sip coffee/relax.
2. A separate, visually pleasing office. Not only am I looking for an additional room for the office, I have learned to search for places that are also well lit. The creative process is so much about your surroundings and how you feel in them.
3. Built Ins for a Library/Storage. Who doesn't love built-ins? I'll pretty much take them anywhere (PRETTY much) and LA homes typically have great ones!
4. A strong living room mantle. So many of the apartments in LA have these gorgeous vintage mantles that make me want to sing. Give me detailed, beautiful hardwood and a white mantle every day of the week.
5. Finishes/Details with Character. An older home with character and upgrades can be hard to come by and you have to strike while the iron is hot here. We're definitely looking for a space with character and beautiful crown molding.
6. Space for a cool long dining set up (and our lovely new West Elm table). I really like the idea of creating a unique seating area, so we'll need to find space for that. Obviously this isn't a make or break, but it would be great to find!
7. A serene, well lit master bedroom. French doors would be great. I know this sounds picky but we're in a perfect world for a moment, remember? French doors anywhere in the home would be awesome, but I love the idea of creating a master bedroom oasis. No work allowed in here!
8. More in a nutshell? Updated (or semi-updated) Bathrooms and Kitchen. Hardwood throughout. 2-3 bedrooms with 1.5-2 bath. And the list goes on, but I won't bore you with more!
There are definitely other wants on our list and things to factor in, but it should be fun looking around for these particular items. I'll be blogging about the process and of course I can't wait to begin the decorating process, share with you and start making memories with Chandler!