Simply put, I love to travel! And with recent trips to Palm Springs, St. Barth and St. Thomas under my belt – I’ve become a bit of a packing expert for warm-weather locales. When you’re planning so many activities during a spring getaway, it’s easy to get a little carried away. There have been so many times in the past when I didn’t wear or use half of the things I brought!
My next trip is later this week to beautiful Cabo, Mexico, where I’m staying at the chic new Hotel El Ganzo and have a packed itinerary filled with shopping, yoga, exploring, margaritas, good food and maybe a spa service (or two). I know many of you are probably prepping for your spring travels, so I thought I would share a few things I never leave home without when flitting to sunny destinations:
1. A good hat. This is a no brainer for me – same with tons of SPF! I absolutely have to bring a good hat to shade the sun whether we’re lounging poolside or strolling through town to protect my face and scalp from the strong rays.
2. Colorful scarves. These are perfect to keep my hair out of my eyes. I love making turbans and headbands out of scarves – helpful and chic!
3. Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant. I swear by this stuff! It keeps me dry and fresh all day long – plus it goes on perfectly smooth with moisturizers so my skin looks and feels super soft when wearing sleeveless. Oh, and it dries instantly so we can get out the door in seconds to take on the day! I teamed up with Dove to put it to the test in Cabo, so stay tuned for more results!
4. Denim shorts. A pair of cut offs are a must have for every hot destination. They are so easy to throw on and can be dressed up or down. My tip? Once you find your fit, buy several pairs.
5. Statement shoes. These are a major must-have. When you spend the day in sensible flats or flip flops, you need a great shoe to dance the night away and this fringe pair by Schutz will do just the trick.
6. Instant camera. Although we love taking digital photos and with the DSLR camera, there’s nothing like a cute instant pic to capture those special spring getaway moment. I love this camera!
There you have it! My six packing essentials for a trip filled with exploring and leisure. What are your must haves for travel?