Life can be crazy! Lately I have been trying to learn more about health + work/life balance to manage the hectic times and I wanted to share a few tools for small ways to live healthier and happier.
1. Maintain a skincare routine. Be relentless! The only way you will see results is by keeping applications consistent. Over the past month I’ve added several products from the Shiseido Ibuki line to my routine and I’m really, really pleased. I always start with the Protective Moisturizer in the morning to get in my SPF (so important!) and finish the day by applying their Refining Moisturizer at night - your face will thank you for the soft luscious skin. Both are super hydrating! Plus, everything smells so good! The Ibuki Quick Fix Mist is by far my favorite, it’s an on-the-go spray that perfectly fits in your bag and truly offers a ‘quick fix’. Whether you have a full face of makeup or just a stitch, the spray hydrates and gives the most refreshing dewy look.
2. Cook more & head to the Farmers Market. There are so many crazy weird chemicals in our foods. I’ve been trying to eat cleaner lately and utilize my local farmers markets. It’s cheaper, too! I’ll make a green smoothie and as of late, delicious acai bowls. I’ll share on here soon.
3. Be active and work out! This is a given, I know. But I think we tend to get overwhelmed with the amount of work to be done, versus starting easy with say, 3 days per week instead of 7.
4. Carve out ‘me time’. This is something I’ve started to implement and it has truly helped my happiness and in turn, my health. Whether this is an hour or two a few times per week or once a day for 30 minutes, go do something for yourself. Take time to read your favorite blogs, a magazine, watch a quick TV show. Something. For me, I found this time best spent early in the AM.
5. Take a walk, pick up flowers- if you’re lucky enough to combine the two, great. If not, do them separately. You’ll replenish a bit of vitamin D (aren’t we all lacking this?!) + flowers make your home bright and happy.
How do you stay healthy?
Thank you to Shiseido for sponsoring this post. Opinions are my own.