Hello readers! Sorry in advance for the lack of posts that are going to happen this weekend. I am traveling at the moment and brought along my laptop to try and keep up! Also, were going to try and get some cool pictures done while I’m away from home.
Today, I am excited to present my first giveaway with my favorite vintage jewelry shop on Etsy called Purple Daisy Jewelry. Whether its a simple gold ring or an ornate necklace from years past you’re looking for, there is no doubt in my mind you’ll find something yummy from Purple Daisy. The owner, Sue, sells the most beautiful pieces and for a price that would make any fashionista gasp! I did a mini interview with her to learn more about this great shop.
1) How long have you had Purple Daisy Jewelry?
I have been selling vintage for about 20 years and new sterling for about 15 years. But, as Purple Daisy Jewelry online, since Sept 2008.
2) What do you look for in a piece for your shop?I look for pieces a – that just speak to me on some level, b. a desireable signature c. I love unusual, odd pieces and am always looking for those.
3) What inspires you to do what you do? I am inspired to do what I do because:
a. I love to hunt for treasure!
b. There is something romantic and sentimental about the history attached to vintage. Who wore the piece? Did their sweetheart give it to them? Were they important people? Was the piece a very special treasure for them? For that reason I really enjoy Victorian pieces and would love to add more of those pieces – if I can find them! (and I am a romantic, sentamentalist :))
c. if I can analyze myself for a minute – it feels good when someone else appreciates something I picked out. So maybe I enjoy the affirmation.
d. I especially enjoy the many times someone buys a pin for their wedding bouquet or necklaces for their wedding party, earrings for the bride, etc. And sometimes I hear that they, or their mother or grandmother, had a piece just like the one they bought from me and they have been looking for one for years. I enjoy being part of those special memories for people.
4) I love that you are committed to offering reasonably priced jewelry. Was there a particular reason you decided to do so?Pricing is difficult because many of my pieces are very unusual and you can’t just go to Macy’s or Nordstrom’s and buy something like it (and the quality is usually not as good either). Genuine vintage is the best – it has the history, the quality and uniqueness that you can’t get with “inspired by” pieces. Oops – sorry – strayed from the question. I want people to be able to afford genuine vintage but I don’t want to devalue the pieces either. It’s a fine line. There are pieces I price higher because I love them and know I will most likely never ever find another one like it (the Victoria sterling enamel buckle for instance) and if I have that pieces with me in 20 years, I won’t mind. 🙂
5) Which piece is your favorite from your collection and why?If you mean in what I have for sale . . . Yikes! Well, I will mention a few but it’s almost like asking who your favorite child is. I love the Victorian sterling enamel buckle I mentioned, the 800 silver snake wrap bracelet on my website, the long thick Trifari snake chain and the gold filled art nouveau butterfly earrings. I’ll just stop because I will go on and on if I don’t! Rhinestones are pretty and sparkly but I find they are rarely my favorite pieces. But I will say I love Victorian, Art Deco, gold filled, sterling, hearts, crosses and lockets. Yup . . . there I go. I just can’t stop listing what I like.
Sue, the lovely owner, has kindly donated a piece from her collection that one of you lucky readers is going to win! For my giveaway, you have to do a few things to be eligible to win. First, you must be a follower on my blog. Second, you must visit the Purple Daisy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/purpledaisyjewelry?ref=pr_shop and pick your favorite piece of her jewelry. Next you must leave a comment on this post with your name and what the name of your favorite piece of Sue’s jewelry is. You will have until Monday, January 24th at 7:00 pm central time. This is a US & CANADA giveaway only. Here is the amazing piece Sue donated!
What are you waiting for? Enter now! Once again, the deadline is MONDAY JANUARY 24 at 7:00pm central time!
*****MAKE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE COMMENT SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU IF YOU WIN!******
Have a fashionable day!