Chandler and I recently went on a road trip on Route 66 and stopped at a few unbelievable pieces of God’s creation. In honor of this beautiful canyon and the fun photos we took on this day, I’m sharing the top 5 things I can’t live without on a roadtrip. Trust me: I’m a pro!
Before I get into what I can’t live without, I have to discuss my outfit.
Tee- T by Alexander Wang // Jeans: J Brand // Denim Shirt: Madewell // Shoes: Soludos (sold out, identical option here // Sunglasses: Westward Leaning
I really love my cropped distressed white jeans – they are different than the usual white pair and comfortable. This t-shirt was a bit of an investment, but it’s worth every penny. I love the length and how soft! Finally, I have to finish my outfits off with bandanas on road trips – it’s a must!
1. Roadtrips are no different – like I mentioned in my summer packing post, I always bring a chambray shirt when traveling, well, anywhere. It’s perfect to throw over your top if the car ride takes a chilly turn. And it’s a cute look around you waist, believe it or not!
2. Healthy snacks (but a little bit of sugar). Road trips are health traps. You are sitting for sometimes hours on end. If you eat terribly, just remember how long your body will be sitting instead of being active. I typically chose trail mix for a sweet/salty fix — heavy on the nuts. I also love pretzels! Lots of pretzels.
3. A good playlist. No road trip is complete without it. If I’m really wanting to be in my own world (ignoring Chandler , ha) I’ll even queue up my iPad and watch shows.
4. Stop along the way for photos. I always bring my small polaroid as well as my handheld camera and DSLR. You never know what you’ll see or be inspired by. So be ready. Plus, roadtrip selfies are one of my favorite ways to pass the time!
5. Sunblock! If you are traveling in the summer and especially in the front seats, I would recommend it. Think about how many rays you’ll be exposed to during your drive! It’s great to get a tan, but just remember to protect yourself.
What did you think?
6 Comments | View All
GORGEOUS photos! Love the outfit and that scenery is amazing. Great tips, too 🙂
http://trendkeeper.me .. Blogger STEREOTYPES?!
Wow!! Fantastic photos! The view is incredible!
Love these photos!
Shall We Sasa
Perfect travel outfit! Love the all white look.
Such great tips and seeing I am currently road tripping myself, I couldn't agree more!
Wishes & Reality
Beautiful photos!! Sunblock is key! XO