Kiss me, I'm Irish! Just kidding, but my name is! Happy almost St. Patrick's Day, party people! In honor of the fun holiday when we all wear green or get pinched, I'm back for another Drinks with Devon -- and this time there's desert involved! I'm sharing two recipes for delicious Irish treats that are sure to be a hit today and whenever you celebrate! And when you do, be sure to tag #DrinksWithDevon so I can check out your creations! :)
I'm all about a Root Beer float, so I wanted to recreate an adult version for St. Patrick's Day this year. I decided to make it all 'Beverly Hills, Dahling! Shi Shi Shi' for you with a martini glass. Obviously you can have the drink in whatever your little heart desires! I hope you enjoy this little drink as much as we did! Be sure to tag #DrinksWithDevon if you recreate so I can check it out!
Irish Beer Float
Yields 1 Float
2-3 scoops of Cookie Butter Ice Cream (or whatever flavor your heart desires)
Stockyard Oatmeal Stout Beer (or your favorite Irish Stout)
Chocolate chunk pieces (optional)
Whip cream (optional)
1. Drizzle chocolate syrup into glass of choice.
2. Add 2-3 (judge by size of glass) scoops of ice cream.
3. Fill the glass 3/4 full with beer.
4. Drizzle chocolate + add whip cream if desired and ENJOY! :)
For this set of cupcakes, I decided to not make my own (I'm all about the easy recipe, duh) but jazz up an average (but amazingly decorated) Chocolate cupcake from Magnolia Bakery instead. It's a super easy and interactive treat that is sure to entertain!
Bailey's Filled Cupcakes (DIY)
Yields 1 Cupcake
1 Chocolate or Vanilla Cupcake (make your own or pick up from your favorite bakery)
1 teaspoon of your favorite fudge (I used store bought from Trader Joe's)
1/2 of 50mL Bailey's Irish Cream Bottle (the full bottle will leave the cupcake a little too soggy)
1. Purchase cupcake and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes
2. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a sliver large enough to insert the small Bailey's bottle.
3. Pour fudge sauce into the opening you just created.
4. Discard 1/2 of the bottle of Bailey's (or pop into your coffee *wink*).
5. Place Bailey's bottle with remaining content upside down into the cupcake and fudge sauce.
6. Let the cupcake sit for about 2-3 minutes to soak in the flavor and enjoy!