I typically try to fill my weekends with 50% fun and 50% functional. Don't get me wrong, I love to go have a blast and relax, but there's always some sort of chore, home project etc. included in the mix. Am I right? Well, today I have 10 fun and beneficial ideas for your weekend and you don't want to miss it!
1. DIY Candles in pottery, teacups or ANYTHING! Check out this tutorial and get your candle on.
2. Reorganize one section of your home and pick up the book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I'm doing the same!
4. Watch/read a flower arranging tutorial, pick up your own stems and create your own bouquet. This is something I've wanted to do for a while and never take the time to. It's fun to brush up on your skills + flower arranging is totally therapeutic in my book.
5. Bake a messy/pretty Naked Cake. Another one I've had on my weekend to do list for months. You know, those really pretty yet really messy and imperfect looking cakes with flowers on top? Yeah, those. Here's an awesome recipe (complete with flowers + berries on top!)
7. Master 1-2 beauty tricks you've been putting off
8. Give yourself a spa night at home (with wine, duh). I have listed my favorite pampering products below:
- Start with the Erno Laszlo Marble Sheet Mask
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask
- Sleep in the Shiseido Ibuki Beauty Sleep Mask- my absolute FAVORITE!
9. Make these gorgeous (and I'm sure delicious) strawberry white chocolate popsicles.
photos by: Jordan Zobrist
10. Re-style/decorate one small area/piece of furniture in your home. Whether you chose your mantle, coffee table, console, or even nightstand, be sure to take it one small area at a time. I've definitely been in the situation where I started one small area and before I knew it, I spent the rest of the day restyling 2 out of our 3 bedrooms and more. So just know your limit.
What are your weekend plans? Fitting any of these in? Let me know in the comments below :)