Before I even start this post, I have to apologize because my 'about' page will be coming out this week. So, there's probably a lot more than 5 things you feel like you don't know about me. Don't worry, that's all about to change. We're about to get all comfortable in here. Some other bloggers have tagged me to do this little post and I thought it would be fun!
Let's get to know each other, shall we?
1. I hate cooking. In fact, the closest I've come to liking it is through buying serving dishes from Anthropologie. I really wish I enjoyed domestic things, and I'm sure I will more with age... but they are not fun to me right now. I do love planning parties, however.
2. I'm really loud-- sometimes I talk to much and act weird. My best friends would tell you I'm such a weirdo. I'm a big fan of letting your freak flag fly, so I just own it. I love cats, really weird figurines and funky things. I know I'm a loudmouth, so what?
3. When I was little, I would make my parents video tape (old school style) me giving tours of our house and the occasional fashion tip. My famous line "Come on, come on" and hand gester to show where to follow me was always present.
4. I love funky disco music from the 70s. Which is ironic, considering my parents met at the disco back in the day! Groooovy babyyyy.
5. I can cross 'spontaneous move' off my bucket list. I hopped up and moved to LA a year ago (barely knowing anyone, might I add) after graduating college. To better tell the crazy story, let's get specific. It's 2 days before my graduation. I'd planned on taking a marketing/sales job in Corporate America that had absolutely nothing to do with my blog. In fact, I wasn't happy with any of the offers I had on the table. Not because of the money, or the status, or any of that crap. At the time, I honestly didn't know why I felt so weird/unsure of my career. I worked extremely hard in college to maintain a good GPA and learn all I could. I thought I was destined to be in sales like my Dad. I didn't think I would ever make my blog a career. I just thought i was another one of the students struggling to find the right job after college.
Back to 2 days before I graduate. I got an email from the lovely people at Taylor Jacobson's office. That changed everything! Suddenly the idea of me moving to Los Angeles to work for a stylist became a reality and that's how I got here! And you'll learn more about that in my new additions to the site.
Hope you enjoyed and feel like you know me better :)