There are times when you just need to get out of town with a good group of girlfriends to clear your head. Something about laughs, dancing and long talks over glasses of wine tends to be the cure all. The chicken soup for my soul, ha!
Last weekend I visited Palm Springs with a great group of girls, Mara, Sam, Alicia and the Hautelook team for Modernism Week. We had such an amazing time and I legitimately miss everyone already.
The Avalon hotel rooms are modern and chic with pops of color. Just how I like things.
We had the opportunity to visit the ' Mad Men ' house where several episodes of the show was actually filmed. This home was so special that we could only look with our eyes (no touching, photographing, etc. - we got into trouble with that obviously)
MY OUTFIT :
Striped Shirt - Elizabeth & James via Hautelook
White Shirt- COS Stores
Denim- Mother via Hautelook
The weekend was filled with so many fun events like Dinner at Birba, tours of gorgeous iconic modern homes, a succulent DIY party, a private "Haute Yoga" yoga session and of course, a delicious brunch at Cheekys. We had such a great time that I put together 6 tips for a killer weekend (or bachelorette party) with your #squad.
Dress - Elizabeth & James via HauteLook
Sandals- Isabel Marant
6 TIPS FOR A KILLER GIRLS GETAWAY::
1. Pick Wisely. When searching for getaway destinations, a smaller city like Palm Springs is a great choice because it allows you to hit desired locations without dealing with crazy traffic and overcrowding.
2. Plan a private yoga session outdoors or somewhere inspiring.
3. Ask a local for the best hidden gem and make reservations for dinner – no matter what.
4. Throw a DIY succulent party. There are so many great step-by-step guides on Pinterest and we had a blast getting all artsy – ha!
MY OUTFIT: Ella Moss top via HauteLook // Shorts via Nordstrom
5. Give everyone Instax cameras + film as party favors and display the photos from throughout the weekend using small metal clips similar to menu card holders. It’s a cute way to share the memories, plus it’s a sure fire way to get shots for Instagram! We all want the likes! Ha.
6. Don't forget the themed cookies for a getaway – what a fun idea for photos, Instagram etc. There are so many amazing artists and bakeries that create delicious treats and you can even order online. For example, I loved these adorable flamingo cookies HauteLook had at their party in Palm Springs.